Tuesday, December 08, 2015

A-Trak & Jamie Lidell - We All Fall Down (STFU Remix)

For months now I've been beyond obsessed with A-Trak's latest original with Jamie Lidell, "We All Fall Down." The 4 mixes that came with the original, CID, Volt & State, Jarreau Vandal and Jamie's Version, were all stand outs. But when I heard a new version in his Mixmag Asia live set, I nearly died, overcome with hype. I downloaded the set, listened to it on repeat, and even ripped the version out of the set so that I didn't have to keep fast-forwarding to hear it over and over again. Last week, the man himself was posting more remixes to his twitter and soundcloud, but none of them were the version that I was so desperately waiting for, that is until yesterday when he dropped STFU (Stand Tall, Fists Up)'s version. I absolutely love the raw, cut-down styling that so perfectly utilizes Jamie Lidell's infectious vocals. I'm so excited that I'll be able to have a full 320 version that I can play out on repeat, and in my forthcoming radio shows. I've got to say that literally every version of the track I've heard is stellar. I think that speaks to the sheer genius that is A-Trak, true Canadian music royalty. Catch the bright and bubbly, Cory Enemy & Syre remix, as well as the much darker, trapped out Willy Joy version that is sure to turn any party into an all out rager. Those two mixes (and maybe more, unannounced versions) are set to join STFU's in another remix package due to be released this Friday the 11th.