Monday, October 16, 2017

Jessie Ware - Alone (Toddla T Remix)

Last week marked the premiere of Toddla T's remix of Jessie Ware "Alone," via Mistajam on BBC Radio 1Xtra. Before I even heard it, I knew it was going to be absolutely delightful, and sure enough it is. There are very few, if any, that have the range and emotional expressiveness of Jessie Ware, whose third album Glasshouse is due out this Friday. Ware's impressive and intoxicating vocals are on full display with this third single, "Alone," and they've only been amplified by Toddla T's demanding dancehall grooves. Part of what makes the original version of "Alone" so incredible is the layered use of Ware's wailing, and again that comes through in spades in this new mix. It's got a gospel feel that works wonderfully with Toddla T's guiding touch. The instrumental breathes life into a tired body, uplifting and energizing listeners to dance longer and more freely. It's so full of love and spirit that I cannot help but use it over and over again. While I'm not a religious person in the usual sense, I would however say that tracks like this are my religion, bringing me again to one of my favourite ideas, that music is the magic of everyday life. Stream/download this slice of magic from your favourite retailer here.FOLLOW TODDLA T: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
FOLLOW JESSIE WARE: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER