Saturday, September 30, 2017

Jay xero - Doyouwannabemine?

The world could use a little more love in these trying times, and it seems to me that music is one of, if not, the best methods of delivery. It has the ability to inspire, uplift and bring people together. And that's exactly what I felt when I first pressed play on Jay xero's "Doyouwannabemine?" Sure love and inspiration are powerful ideas, and ones not to be taken lightly, but that's the brilliance of what Jay xero's done with this track. Opposing the deep dance groove are lighthearted lyrics that playfully propose, literally putting their love on the line. It even includes an allusion to Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" after which Jay laughingly apologizes saying "it was worth it," and I tend to agree. There's just something so smooth and sublime about the easy going groove and bounce of this track, that I cannot help but feel some warmth in my heart. And just now as I make my way through my 7th or 8th listen, I'm reminded of The 2 Bears, particularly the breezy flow of their album Be Strong. Whatever the case, "Doyouwannabemine?" is a delightful distraction from our daily doldrums. Stream/purchase.FOLLOW JAY XERO: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER