Sunday, August 06, 2017

5 Tunes To Wake Up To

There really is nothing like waking up your senses to some smooth grooves and with that in mind, I've put together a playlist of 5 tracks I'm playing non-stop right now that fit this category. Enjoy!

Mura Masa - Second 2 None (ft. Christine And The Queens)
I could've gone with any of Mura Masa's album but "Second 2 None" really got me when I heard those pans live on a big system at WayHome. It's incredibly beautiful and perfectly produced.

Pierce Fulton - Life In Letters
That piano makes me feel like a god within the first 5 seconds. How's that for a wake-up call?

Late Nite Tuff Guy - Do I Believe In God (LNTG Muscle Mix)
Been absolutely rinsing out Joe Goddard's disco mix for Annie Mac during Glastonbury (stream here), and this may be the peak cool it hits. As if Prince wasn't funky enough already, this is seriously sublime.

Kraak & Smaak ft. Joi Cardwell - Just Wanna Be Loved (Blende Remix)
Blende sure knows how to bring the bouncy beauty, and with Kraak & Smaak's delightful disco this is a can't miss, despite me doing just that for three years.

A-Trak - Believe (ft. Quavo & Lil Yachty)
Almost at a million plays on Soundcloud should be a sign as to just to how good this is. Oh yeah, and those three on one track? Come on, it really doesn't get much hotter than this extremely cool cut.