Sunday, December 11, 2016

Two videos showing why Cosella is so great

My love for Cosella is well established, I've written a number of posts on this blog about his tracks, and DJ sets, as well as premiering his latest production "No Boundaries" with FromDropTillDawn on Bump In The Hump. Last night I caught another set of his, while he opened for AC Slater, and I was also able to capture a couple moments that perfectly encapsulate why I love him and his sets so much. First of all he's a genuine dude, never passing up the opportunity to chat with me before/after his sets, always answering my questions, as to what he played etc. He's warm and funny, even jumping on stage early to do a pre-set stretching routine. Second, as I've mentioned many times before, his networking skills are nearly unparalleled, giving him truly unique tracklists every time he hits the decks. He's got a keen ear, always selecting the perfect tracks to get the crowd going. Whether it's Riton's "Rinse & Repeat," Noise Frenzy's "Pon De Floor" remix, the latest from Chris Lake "Operator (Ring Ring)" or Metroplane's "Bahp" below, he's always able command the crowd like a master.
This next video, I tweeted about at the time, saying I "captured the dopest three minutes of life," which he then followed with his remix of Destructo and Wax Motif's "Catching Plays." For some reason it sounded better than ever, causing me to wonder whether he made a VIP version. He said it was just the original remix, but in any case, it crushed again, making the killer three minutes into a fire five or so. Watch him mix Black Beatles with SwaggleRock's "Next Hellifornia Shake" below, and be sure to check him out next time he's got a set, you won't regret it.
FOLLOW COSELLA: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER