Saturday, April 23, 2016

What I Hope To Hear Tonight from Justin Jay and RYME

After arriving to late to see RYME at the last No Neon, I swore I wouldn't miss their next set, and today's the day I make good on that sentiment. They'll be alongside headliner Justin Jay as part of his Fantastic Voyage tour, along with support from fellow Toronto DJ Simon Jain. Apart from my well known love of RYME, I really started to get excited for tonight's show after Justin Jay dropped his incredibly awesome and joyful Late Nite Dub mix of his already engrossing track "Karma." I've found myself lost in his magnificent mix multiple times since he dropped this past Tuesday. Although it may not be the typical headlining track, I sure hope to hear it on The Hoxton's strong speaker set up. Lately I've been lamenting the lack of older, more classic tracks in sets I've heard recently. I understand why, people will always hunger for the next hot new ID, but there's no questioning the rush of endorphins that comes with a nostalgic track. That's why I hope to hear the first track I properly knew from Justin Jay, the ingeniously produced, club-thumper "Static."
It's crazy to think that it's been almost exactly 13 months to the day since Alison Wonderland released her debut album Run. I still listen to it quiet often but have found myself going to the remixes more often as of late. My favourite original, "Take It To Reality," just so happens to be remixed by tonight's Captain, Justin Jay. It's easy to feel lost at sea, with his tidal ebb and flowing mix, but I'll be the first to say I'd be comfortable with the Admiral at the helm.
Fresh off their BADLQQK Remixed EP, label runners RYME have bolstered their already overflowing crate of tracks with powerful productions like Slowbody's banging remix of KMRT "Flash Flash."
I'd really like to hear some Tiga tonight, and RYME always seem to feed into my insatiable hunger for the Montreal based Techno God. Perhaps it'll be their own remix of the ear-worm "Bugatti."
My passion for RYME's remix of Sia & The Weeknd's "Elastic Heart" is well known, and sadly it's no longer available (except in Electronic Impressions, here), which certainly adds to it's allure. But it's their remix of tastemaker Anna Lunoe's "Satisfaction," that I'm feeling more at the moment. Grab that free d/l.
Meech has gone so far as to insist that I arrive in time for their intro, so if it's anything like the opening of their set when I saw them last at the Night Bass party with AC Slater and fellow BADLQQKer Cosella, they ought to blow it out of the water. If I get one of the following, Fake Blood, Mr Oizo, Justice, or Boys Noize I'll be more than happy.

I'd be happy if RYME played a mix similar to their recent delivery for Euphoradio, or if Justin Jay were to play one similar to "Fantastic Voyage House Party Mix." Tonight is going to be 'lit' <- LOL
Tickets are still available here, and you can RSVP via the facebook event, here.

SUPPORT JUSTIN JAY: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
SUPPORT RYME: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER
SUPPORT SIMON JAIN: FACEBOOK SOUNDCLOUD TWITTER