Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Bump In The Hump: Sneak Peak

I've been hard at work searching for and compiling this week's list of the best new Canadian electronic music for another all new episode of Bump In The Hump on Radio Humber. I've even got a track that was released this very afternoon, how's that for brand spanking new? That's a sneak peak in itself but I can do even one better; get a jump on bump with this one.
How awesome is that? Pure musicianship tied to unparalleled DJing skill. The Spin Cycle project between Skratch Bastid and the Afiara Quartet is a groundbreaking musical undertaking and I'll be giving it a first play tonight on Humber Radio. I've been incredibly excited for this since I first heard about it and saw the above trailer for it at the beginning of the year. For some reason it fell off my radar for a couple months until early summer when I revisited the track below.

I was under the impression that the album was only available on vinyl and because of this was forced to take a low quality rip, for my own personal consumption. Despite this fact, it was still one of my most listened to tracks and I hungered for more. It struck me a couple weeks ago that I should take another look at the album's availability and I realized I was wrong, that it was, in fact, available on CD. So I quickly ordered it, and within less than a week it was on my doorstep. Now tonight you will hear "Dirty Laundry - Heavy Load" on Bump In The Hump.

Tune in live from 6-7 via humber.checklines.net (either of the bottom two play options), or find the stream later tonight on this very page, or finally, catch it on 96.9 FM Radio Humber this Friday from 11-midnight.